Thursday, January 20, 2011

Rough Day

Today was a rough day. They want us to stay in our classrooms, get our students to pass TAKS, parent them and teach them manners, all the while, giving us so much stuff extra that we simply don't have the time. We would have to clone ourselves.  I came home from school very, very frustrated and tired. I didn't get a fifth of the things done today that I needed to.  I got on Facebook and decompressed, reading the updates and pearls of wisdom from some of my former students and became very content and filled with love. 
For the past few years I have really been working on my relationship with God and my one of my rewards from Him has been to open my heart.  This is what I posted on Facebook to my students, past and present today:

As I grow closer in my relationship with God, he is opening my heart to so many things. He has made me more patient, caring, loving, accepting and understanding. Something he made me realize today when I was reading some of my former students posts was:
As a teacher I try to change my students lives for the better, fill them with knowledge and experiences that will impact their lives, but more often than not, they change mine for the better, impact my life in such a wonderful rewarding way and reinforce the reasons I became a teacher.

You know who you are, you are my Facebook friends after all these years, and I love watching you spread your wings and grow into the wonderful people you were meant to be.

Love,
Monica



No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry.

Image Credits Copyright: YekoPhotoStudio "I'm Sorry" is a phrase I use all too often. Even when I have done nothing w...