Wednesday, May 16, 2018





I admit, I am struggling.  My chronic depression has once again reared it's ugly head and brought his friend, anxiety along for the ride.  This time of year is very stressful for me (thanks STAAR testing), but in addition to that, I have felt lost in my faith.  My ex husband and I have a very positive relationship where we work together to make our situation work for our boys, believe it or not, there are people that are not supportive of this fact.  These are individuals who to the naked eye are the epitome of the perfect Christian, but, whether they realize it or not, have contributed to my feelings of loss. Thankfully, I have supportive friends who have invited me to join in their book studies or even to come and sit with them at church so I will feel supported.  I was talking to a dear friend of mine this morning about everything that is going on, I came to the conclusion that we are put through these things so we can course correct.  
When I saw this plant this morning on my way out the door, it helped to put everything in perspective. Last year this hanging basket was frozen, then left in the garage without out any sort of care whatsoever.  I hung it back up this Spring, not expecting anything to happen with it. But with water and some sunlight, it is coming back.  I need to take note and take care of my heart and soul.  God never abandons us, I simply need to be fed and step out into the sunlight.  
Jeremiah 29:11 11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.  #depressionsucks #depressionlies @thebloggess #faith #mindfulness #justbreathe

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry.

Image Credits Copyright: YekoPhotoStudio "I'm Sorry" is a phrase I use all too often. Even when I have done nothing w...