Thursday, February 3, 2011

Valentine's Day

Since I finally bought my own house (Yaaayyyyy) I am motivated to decorate it for various different holidays and occasions. I came across some old yarn, I was determined to learn how to knit, some last seasons Valentine's fabric and saw some chip board letters at Hobby Lobby, and was Inspired.  I have such a wonderful husband, great kids, and an overall great life, that I am finally happy.  I wanted something to go on my mantle, so this is what how I did it.

Supplies:
  • Chip board letters
  • Red yarn
  • Valentine's fabric.

I started before I remembered to take pictures.

I just wrapped the L and the V in red yarn

Next I took the Valentine's fabric and ripped it into a long one inch wide strip.  I just cut at the top and ripped it all the way down. 
Then I just wrapped it around the O and the E. 
I tacked everything with a hot glue gun to hold it in place.
And Voila!

As my son, Justin would say, "Easy Peasy"



On a totally different topic, Justin was at the Doctor's today when he was looking in different drawers and the exam table.  He found the stirrups at the end of the  table and said to his dad, "Look Daddy, this one has cup holders"!!!!  LOL

2 comments:

  1. Now that is sweet!!! I "LOVE" the love. Oh and too funny about the cup holders.

    Kids........you gotta love 'em.


    My show n tell link: My latest art sketch

    http://hootin--anni.blogspot.com/2011/02/hes-there-inside-your-mind.html

    Hope you can find time to stop by. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute. I'm saving this idea for next year.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry.

Image Credits Copyright: YekoPhotoStudio "I'm Sorry" is a phrase I use all too often. Even when I have done nothing w...