Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Blueberry Chicken



I know it's been a very long while since my last blog post. I had tried to make a promise to myself to blog more, but hey, that just didn't work out at the time. But this summer, I am going to really try!




Enough of that, on to the Blueberry Chicken!!



I live in Nacogdoches, Texas. A very small town in East Texas who has a wonderful Blueberry Festival every year!









They have everything blueberry, including, guess what, Blueberries!! I picked-up a grocery store flyer and they had a recipe for blueberry marinade so I had to try it out. Here are the ingredients:



4 cups blueberries


1/4 cup cider vinegar


1/4 cup orange juice



1 TBS honey, but next time I am using 2 or 3




Bring all the ingredients to a boil in a medium saucepan, then simmer for 10 min.



















Before I poured the marinade over the chicken breasts, I pounded them out to about 1/2 inch thickness.





Pour your marinade over your chicken breasts and marinate for about 2-3 hours. You can also use a ziplock bag, but I didn't have any. :( More dishes to wash.










I then had my husband grill them for about 4 minutes on either side.




I will warn you , they are BLUE! But the taste is great. It's a very mild blueberry taste. I think it would be wonderful in a salad with a blueberry vinegarette!









Tip Junkie handmade projects

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry.

Image Credits Copyright: YekoPhotoStudio "I'm Sorry" is a phrase I use all too often. Even when I have done nothing w...